Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Disney World Was On The Way Home

While we were in Orlando, we decided to make a real trip of it and go to Disney World. No, we didn't go to each of the gazillions of parks and attractions. We had dinner at Downtown Disney on Monday night and on Tuesday we went to the Magic Kingdom. Our Cali friends (Amy, Christy and Jen) were willing to sacrifice a day of their trip to join us, so we all went together.
All in all, Stellan was a champ. He had his moments, but they didn't last long (usually just until the ride started or we gave him food - definitely his father's son) and they weren't often. It did help that we took things at Stellan's pace and at Stellan's level. He even got to play at the Winnie the Pooh playground while most of the big kids did the roller coasters. Also helpful was Jen's wheelchair - she tore some ligaments in her foot, so we used the wheelchair to full advantage. We didn't wait more than 15 or 20 minutes for anything all day. We had a blast, finished the park a little after 6, ate some dinner back at the condo and headed for home.
The next morning, Kevin started his summer semester, Stellan and I got back to our regular schedule and we all nursed Disney hangovers for a couple of days. I hate it when real life overtakes a good vacation.



P.S. I hate the "new management" Tiki Room. I'm glad I can still find the old-school version at Disneyland, because the new one was a big disappointment.

3 comments:

Flem said...

I LOVE the tiki room but have sadly never been to Disney World. I should come out and try it I guess! I am glad you are living it up at least periodically.

MIMOM2 said...

I am so glad to see you fully exploring Florida and taking advantage of the time you have there. Great job!

Amy said...

I was glad we were able to spend the day with you at the Magic Kingdom. It made it a lot more fun than it would have been on our own. It's a Small World being the exception...