Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Part of the reason for the timing of our trip was to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. I love my mom. One of her more fun qualities is the extreme math geekiness she exhibits. For example, two years ago, she celebrated her special birthday - she turned 53 years old the same day Stellan turned 53 days old. (Who keeps track of that? I hadn't!) The next year was her golden birthday - she was born in 1954 and turned 54. This year was her magical birthday - she turned 55, which is a five and a five. I thought about planning a five-themed party for her, but gave up because I knew the only person who could really do the theme justice would be her.

However, this year we had a particularly awesome present planned for her. She recently purchased an electronic drum kit, which I have been coveting ever since. At the time of purchase, she didn't realize it needed an external amp, and so she's been playing it with headphones. But what's the point of drums, the loudest of instruments, if no one else can hear you and complain about the noise? So we got her an amp. A really sweet amp. That I'm sure the neighbors have been appreciating ever since. Happy Birthday, Mom!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, your face is full of joy. Perhaps you should audition instead of interveiw.

GoletaGlenns said...

Where was this drum set during your senior recital??? It was great, and all, but that would have put it over the top!