Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Way Home

Kevin and I actually got to fly home together (Kevin joined us in SB later last week, and barely made it due to a series of unfortunate events), which made things easier. In fact, we had only one little "hiccup," which is my euphemistic way of telling you about a little incident at the Charlotte airport's food court.
Stellan had been inconsolably cranky, throwing tantrums and refusing to eat or drink. Kevin took his for a walk to calm him down, and as he returned he said, "We need to take this kid to a doctor." I was in the middle of asking him why, when Stellan ejected a MAD TV-esque solid spout of vomit. I won't go into details, but he only got a little on Kevin's shirt, his shoes were easily wiped clean and I escaped unscathed. Stellan felt much better, and made the last leg home admirably. He's now almost completely over his cold (I think the "hiccup" got a lot of mucus out of his chest), and doing great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the vivid phrasing of "Mad Magazine-esque spout of vomit" just before saying "but I won't go into details." Haha! Glad your trip had nice highs with the lows. The wedding looked awesome. B