Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let's Hear It For Home Haircuts

As you may have started to notice, Stellan has been due for another haircut. You like those wings on the side?


I have been in a bit of a quandary trying to figure out just how to do it. He's a light sleeper, so that method was out; he's not too into TV yet, so Lilo and Stitch was out; I haven't found a good drug dealer yet, so doping him was out; I thought about taking him to a real haircutting place, but I figured he would be at least as much trouble in a room full of shiny new sharp objects as he is as home.
In the end, I bit the bullet and grabbed the scissors while he was eating lunch after a big nap. I gave him a banana and a peanut butter sandwich (2 favorites) and got to work. He was not very excited about, he was moving his head constantly. Luckily, he was trapped in his high chair, so his head was about all he could move.
In the end, I was pretty happy with my work. His new haircut makes him look older one second and younger the next. Here are a couple of photos of the new 'do.

1 comment:

D said...

Good job! I just set the clippers to about 3/4 inch and buzz Kaden's whole head. I usually cut Matt's hair first and then MAtt holds Kaden while I do it. I love the clippers because I figure with the guide even if he moves wrong it won't do any damage. So far so good though I still dread haircuts since he doesn't like them much.