Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Culinary Adventures

We've been getting creative in the kitchen lately. First, on Saturday we made my mom's famous chocolate cheesecake. If you've ever had it, you know it's not really cheesecake, but a layered pudding/whipped cream/cream cheese pan full of yumminess. It was our first time, and it turned out really well. See process below.



Then, my gourmand aunt and uncle sent us a copy of Cuisine At Home, a magazine full of amazing recipes. We tried the chicken burgers with spicy sauce and parmesan fries. Oh so tasty! Next up, ribs and ice cream-less chocolate malts. Thanks, Beeb and Bob!

4 comments:

MA said...

You two are SERIOUS bloggers! I am amazed. By the way, this is MaryAnn, Kevin's old buddy from West Jordan.

These dishes look fabulous! I have been trying to get creative lately too. Usually I just find something on the internet and sometimes it's good and sometimes not so much.

Good luck with your cooking fetish :)

D said...

yummy! can i come to your house for dinner too? Now you have to post the good recipes too.

Jess said...

I am proud of you. I must warn you however, being a foodie is a slippery slope. First you're trying a few new and interesting things, next thing you know you're hunting down unusual ingredients at specialty stores and convinced that you just HAVE to have this one little kitchen gadget or fancy schmancy pan and you can't figure out why you aren't losing that post-baby weight amid bites of chocolate ganache and mint layer cake. Perhaps I'm just projecting my own issues on you, alas.

Heather said...

you going to make me some chco cheesecake??