Friday, May 30, 2008

The Real Reason My Job Rocks

As you must already know by now, I love my job. Not only do I get to spend my days in scenic Mission Canyon, I control the universe. I've been with the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History for over 13 years, and you might think that kind of power has gone to my head - not everyone comes home from work and says, "Today was rough; the sun burned out, but I fixed it."
But the real reason I enjoy my job so much is the fabulous people I've had the opportunity to work with. That's a long list at this point, and quite a distinguished one. This evening some of my colleagues and I had a great backyard (OK, front yard) BBQ here at the lovely West Campus lawn and it was a blast. Here are some photo highlights from the event. (Dana brought an awesome lawn game with a spinning PVC contraption onto which the players try to throw two balls on a string - think nunchucks with rubber balls at the end - which is featured in several of the photos.)

No comments: