Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Canoe Adventure

In April, I'm going to be leading a gang of 15 year olds on a 3-day canoe trip down the Peace River. So I figured that it would be best if I checked it out before I tried to pretend I know what I'm talking about.
So I made some calls and got some company (Audrey, the girls camp director and Grand Inquisitor, and Valerie, who's my other adult leader for the trip), and we scouted it all out. However, we only had one day, so we had to charge it. We met at 4:30 AM, drove three and half hours, hopped on a bus with the canoes, got dropped off 12 miles from the finish line, and hit the river.
We had such an amazing time! It was absolutely gorgeous, and we got a good idea of what we're in for. And we did all 12 miles in less than 5 hours. We got home by dinner, tired and a bit sore, but refreshed after a day "off" floating down the river. Can't wait to do it again!