Wednesday, October 27, 2010

They Grow Up So Fast!

I'm woefully behind on blogging many things, so I'm going to take the time to update you with the promise of photos later. Our little Rachelle is sprouting into a little lady before our very eyes. Two weeks ago she discovered her foot on a Tuesday morning. By that afternoon she found the other. Now they are inseparable - Rachelle's feet and her mouth, that is. (Her feet are just fine at separating.)
Last week she had her 4 month check-up. She is in perfect health, and I was surprised when her pediatrician informed me that she was teething. You see, Rachelle is such an angel baby that it was only in hindsight that I realized she had been just the least bit fussy for a couple of days. But sure enough, there they were; two teeth on the bottom. So far she hasn't bitten me while nursing, so that's another brownie point for Angel Baby.
Today she completed another milestone. She can now roll from front to back, and also from back to front. Both in the same day, I might add. Stellan figured out one before the other and nearly drove himself crazy when he found himself stranded. But Rachelle was enough of a planner to see that it was worth waiting a bit longer than her brother did so that she could get herself in the position of her choice.
After three milestones in two weeks, I'm at the point that I say to my sweet tiny baby, "Stop growing up, you! I'll blink and you'll be off to college."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that! Can't wait to see pictures.

Matt said...

I wish all the kids in college were that grown up.

Katie said...

I'm so proud to be able to attest, firsthand, to the fact that she's perfect. PERFECT!

Amy said...

Our little girls, so grown up!!!!