Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Amazing Gift

When I left my fantastic job at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History two years ago, I didn't leave empty handed. I took with me somewhere between 25 and 35 t-shirts I had collected over 13 years there. Although I loved them, no one needs that many t-shirts. So we disappeared them.
For my birthday, my incredible mother-in-law reappeared them as this:
with a little of this on the other side...
Thanks, Mom! The quilt is so cool. Every time I look at it I feel the love.

8 comments:

MM said...

That IS a cool gift--lots of love went into that! you're worthy of the love too girlie!

Karen said...

totally awesome (wonderful quilt, Susan)

D said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

There is a lot of love in there! Look at all the condors, the quasars and the nature adventures. Thanks for sharing this. It is really awesome. What a fantastic gift. You have to make sure the SBMNH folks see it.

JHD said...

That ... is ... excellent.

Becky said...

You KNOW I love this post! Fantastico!

RobinBirrrd said...

This is absolutely amazing, Krissie! Brings tears to my eyes! SO many memories! Wonderful times. You were SUCH a gift to the museum and we were all blessed to have known you and worked with you and have you decorate our desk for our birthday and teach to make edible Mars rovers! Can I put this picture on a t-shirt, I wonder??? :P

Jenessa said...

That is awesome!