Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dude, Where's My Car?

No, really, where's my car? It's gone. This super shady moving company supposedly delivered it to our address in Florida, but our landlady says it's not there. Hmm. Awesome.
We've filed a police report, we got just a few more details from the movers saying they left it in front of our 2-story apartment building by the water meter. The only problem is that our place is a duplex. One story. No water meter by the parking. Awesome. It's probably somewhere in the neighborhood, but since Kevin won't be there until Thursday night, I guess we'll just have to hope that it doesn't actually get stolen before we find it at its fake home. If the shady company actually delivered it at all.
This does not give us hope for all of the rest of our belongings, slated to arrive on Saturday. If we have to post something that says "Dude, where are all my worldly possessions?", heads will roll. I cannot imagine life without my didgeridoo.

2 comments:

Flem said...

This is hilarious. I mean only because I am hopeful that your car and belongings are safe, but I love the way you phrased this. Worst case scenario, new car, right?

Jerry said...

when I first saw the picture of the moving van I thought, "how clever! They must be decorating the truck with graffiti as a theft deterrent." Well maybe that graffiti wasn't so intentional. Good luck finding your car. Hopefully it is somewhere in Florida.