Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Big Announcement

Kevin got a job!

[Insert gasp of relief, shout for joy and prayer of thanksgiving.]

We will be relocating to the Emerald Coast, where he has accepted a civilian position at Eglin Air Force Base. We found a rental house (a house! with a yard! and a garage! and washer and dryer hook ups! and a dishwasher!) in Shalimar, FL. Now we'll be 11 hours closer to California, and so far in the Florida panhandle it's practically Louisiana.

He starts at the end of October, so get ready for a new jar for these 4 Cookies! Oh, and feel free to start planning your visit, the beaches are amazing. And we'll have tons of room for visitors. Just give us a couple of weeks to clear out boxes and we'll be all set.

P.S. My apologies to Marie Murphy, who taught me better than to use so many exclamation marks. But I couldn't help myself. May the PPP forgive.

17 comments:

Becky said...

Yay! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!

Jenessa said...

So happy for you...sad for me! No more Krissie at GNOs, etc. I know it'll be great, though, and I'll have to come visit! Who can resist a fabulous beach?:) Congrats! You need to tell me exactly when you're leaving cuz I'm in Orlando the 12th-17th and we need to figure out when your going away party at Jaxson's is...

Karen said...

Yea! So happy for you. It's so nice to have a light and be able to see a future. I'm so happy for you guys.

Vivian said...

Woot!

Jeannie said...

Great news! So happy for you guys. Congratulations!!!!!!! (extended use of exclamation points absolutely necessary)

Matt said...

Road trip to FL!

Belle of the Blues said...

Whoopee! Congratulations!!!

Carin Hales said...

Wonderful!! I'm happy for you guys, but you will be missed here!
Carin

Jess said...

And we all know that Louisiana is practically Houston, so you guys will be feeling right at home in no time. If we EVER make it over to FL, I'll be stopping by for sure (and not just because you are one of only two people that I know who live there). I am so happy for you! Great people get great rewards for their patience, and you certainly qualify.

Joe said...

HAhaha....I am sure Marie will forgive...the good ole PPP...wonder if that is still around, I will have to find out :)

michelle m said...

Congrats! And, way to be closer.

Jenny said...

So excited for you! Yay!

D said...

!!!YAY!!!! Awesome news!

Danielle said...

wow, krissie- congrats to you and kevin! amazing news! i will surely visit on my next drive fl-bound.. there are new people to meet still.
ps- loved the ppp comment.
and pps- i got an astro book at the planned parenthood book sale. still trying to be as cool as you someday. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my word! There were SIX exclamation points in that entry! Where is your training! Two points OFF! That's the maximum number of points off anyone ever got! (Goodness, I hope you remember me for more than the PPP.)

Congratulations to Kevin on his new job and to you both on your wonderful family. I send you a big hug and lots of good wishes on your move.

Marie (the Purple Paper Queen) Murphy

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. And you are still in Blue Bell territory!

Flem said...

Congrats! I thought for a minute the Emerald Coast was in Oz or at least a little closer to here... but still it is great to get a REAL job, even if it sounds like a fake venue.

So even if you are converting to Floridianism, the latitude is a good one.