Wednesday, April 28, 2010

You Are My Bacon

An open letter to my wonderful husband:

I don't love you because you don't mind doing the dishes. But I appreciate that. I don't love you because you always remember to water the plants. But I appreciate it. I don't love you because are a freakin' genius. But I appreciate it. I don't love you because you came to rescue me when I got the worst attack of "morning" sickness one afternoon a few months ago while Stellan and I were grocery shopping and I called you from the porcelain throne at Publix and you hopped on your bike right away to come save me. But I really do appreciate that.

I love you because you always know what I'm thinking, and you still want to be around me. I love you because you always know when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm serious. I love you because you watch Project Runway with me. I love you because you genuinely think I'm funny. Even when I'm pretty sure I didn't really deserve a laugh for whatever I just said. I love you because you are hot when I am cold and you are nice when I am mean and we always seem to balance each other out perfectly.

As a really smart, funny, handsome, caring man once said, "I'm like bacon. I make everything in life better."

Happy birthday, amor.

11 comments:

kevin said...

Thanks Fishy. I really love you too!

Katie said...

Just last week, Lee & I debated whether there is a better food than bacon. There is not.

I love this post.

Hilary said...

I like this. A lot. But I despise bacon. Nasty. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Lauren said...

Hurrah for bacon and for Kevin's dedication to watching PR with you despite the dual travesties of Season 6 in LA and Mila's immunity-winning penguin/track suit.

Lovely post. Happy birthday, Kevin!

Matt said...

I do not think I would like to be compared to such tasty food. Too dangerous. (think oscar meyer wiener song)

Karen said...

That Kevin is a keeper!!

Jeannie said...

What a wonderful post. And bacon... it doesn't get much better than that.

Unknown said...

That was truly lovely. Happy birthday Kevin! What a wonderful way to end my day. You put a smile on my somewhat grumpy face.

Unknown said...

Oh, the smile is sustained b/c I get to participate in the pay forward project! Gracias Krissie. I can't wait to see what you conjure up!

Flem said...

What Katie said. Not surprised that Hilary hates bacon.

And of course it is lucky for Kevin appreciates you for who you are just as much as it is lucky for you.

Cuz he would get beat up.

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Anonymous said...

Hallmark eat your heart out.