Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wanna Be a Winner?

I have recently won a "pay it forward" blog contest. As per the rules, I posted a comment on my friend Chantel's blog and was selected as one of the winners. Look at this awesome homemade gift* I received from her!


Yes, it is a lap quilt with an alien print. Perfect for naps or hide-and-seek, whichever you prefer.

Now that I have won, it's my turn to pay it forward to you, dear readers. Please post a comment in this blog entry and you could be a winner! Here are the rules - read carefully before deciding you want to participate:

1. Winners, you must post this challenge on your blog, meaning that you will pay it forward, creating a handmade gift for 3 winners who leave comments on YOUR blog post about this giveaway.
2. The gift that you send to your three friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. This means you should be willing to maintain your blog at least until you have received your gift and have shipped your gifts. And remember: it's the spirit and the thought that count.
3. When you receive your gift, please feel free to blog about it, sharing appropriate links.
4. [I added this one myself.] If you do not blog but wish to enter, please include your suggestion for an appropriate substitute for posting your win and future contest on a blog.

One final note: I will be happy to send a homemade gift, but if you know me at all, you'll know not to expect a blanket, quilt, freshly canned strawberry preserves or anything else along more traditional handicraft lines. If you are hoping for something a little "different," this is the contest for you. I promise not to disappoint.

Just for fun, and having no bearing on the contest, if you'd like to include what you wish I'd send you in your comment, feel free. One entry per blogger, please. A winner will be chosen via Random Number Generator after the close of the contest at 9:00 AM EDT, Friday, April 23rd.

*Super hot husband and adorable toddler not included. Cranky stubborn whiny toddler may be included, depending on the day.

4 comments:

Vivian said...

I don't think anyone wants anything homemade from me,...but I'm willing to do it for the chance of getting something homemade from YOU.
pick me! pick me!

Lauren said...

Ooh, the idea of receiving a non-traditional handmade prize from you is quite intriguing. Count me in!

As for what I wish it might be...how about a handcrafted wax envelope containing a chilled Florida butterfly? I promise not to touch and/or trample it.

BrittneyGrace said...

I think this is an awesome idea. I really like it and would love to participate, although I don't think many people (maybe 2) read my blog so I am not sure how effective it would be.

Unknown said...

I was there when the alien blanket landed in the mailbox! It was a joyous day in the household. Count me in! I don't blog, but can facebook be a worthy substitute?