Monday, September 21, 2009

Something Tacky This Way Comes


A sad thing happened to our stroller. As the photo above indicates, the nylon has started to tear, no - shred, next to one of the seams. We got this baby for $20 on Craigslist, and I'm committed to making it work for the duration of our stay in Florida. So I gave the matter some thought, and came up with what I hope proves to be, if not a solution, then at least a delaying of the inevitable.

I have not only duct taped over the tear, but I have in fact stitched the duct tape in place on both sides of the tear. Not a pretty solution. I think I might actually be embarrassed using this in public, especially when we cruise to our Mommy & Me class. The other parents roll up in Mercedes Benz SUVs and the like. They regard us and our non-automotive ways with aloof curiosity. And some disdain, but I think that's just because of my prolific sweating after walking a mile and half during the heat of the day.

Here's a close up of my workmanship. I think I'll hold off on auditioning for Project Runway until at least next season. Mostly because I keep hearing Tim Gunn in my head; he says things like "I'm very concerned about the taste level on this. You really need to wow the judges. Don't bore Nina." Bore her? I think "offend" might be a better word.


5 comments:

Karen said...

What else would Tim Gunn say? "Make it work." Way to go, Krissie!

Jeannie said...

My favorite part is that you stitched the duct tape.

Flem said...

There is nothing tacky about duct tape. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great chuckle. Yes, I can just picture Tim Gunn.
Br

GoletaGlenns said...

I think a trip to the Macy's Accessory Wall will solve that problem- use it wisely!